Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Seven Months and Another Milestone

Some mothers rejoice in their children's Independence. I'm pretty sure that I did with Lucas. I couldn't wait for him to get to the next milestone. I pushed him to grow up and that makes me sad. Yes, I understand that eventually they will all grow up. But, I cannot stand it this time. It breaks my heart. Maybe because I see how fast Lucas' last two years have gone. But, like it or not, Samuel is growing up. He has been busy this week. He learned how to sit up from his crawling position, and he is pulling up on things. The furniture is still a little too high for him, but boxes, and big toys are not. We weren't sure at first if he was getting to a sitting position by himself or not. I noticed a few times that he had been crawling and I would turn around and he would be sitting. I had a fear that Lucas was helping him (scary.) But, at 3am when he woke up the other day I saw it happen! So fun, even at 3am. He is so proud of himself. The big grin that we get when he is able to reach the magnet on the refrigerator is priceless.


Samuel slept through the night for almost an entire week. Then, we went to Texas. It hasn't been the same since. I was never going to be a mother that had a baby still waking up at night. I always thought that I had that part down. But, I am that mother. There is something about that cry in this little apartment that gets to me (or maybe that is my excuse). Whatever the reason, it's still happening. But, we are working on it and I know that it will end one day. For now, I'm enjoying how sweet and cuddly he is. I'm enjoying how he holds on to me. I'm enjoying how he grabs my face to give me a big (open-mouth slobber) kiss. I'm enjoying his big smile when I look his way. That is all it takes. I love my happy baby so so much.



1 comment:

  1. Sam looks like a little man in these pictures! He is growing up so fast!

    ReplyDelete