Sunday, October 23, 2011

The Owl and other random happenings

Cars Joke:
Last night when the storm came through Lucas asked what the lightning was.  I said, "its lightning."  He said, "nope, its The King."


 I feel like I have graduated recently from elementary level of train knowledge to at least intermediate level.  I have struggled since Lucas' last birthday to make a decent train track for these kids.  Finally, after almost a year I managed to put a track together that I was actually proud of.  In fact, I was so proud I took a picture just so I could blog about it.  Small step for some...HUGE step for me.


This is Samuel's rash that showed up a few days after all of the fever/seizure fun that we had.  So now we know that the culprit was a nasty virus.


Recently Lucas has been really into owls.  We go hunting for owls in my room with a flashlight.  The other night he woke up around midnight screaming a terrifying scream.  This hasn't happened in months so it really caught me off guard.  I jumped out of bed to see what was going on.  When I went into the boy's room Lucas was holding his hand as if it was hurt.  I asked him what was wrong.  He said,
"it bit me." 
Immediately I thought that there was some creepy crawly thing in his bed. 
I said "what bit you?" 
He said "The owl." 
Me: "What?  The owl bit you?" 
Lucas:  "Yeah, the owl."
So, I picked him up and brought him in our room so I could look at it.  He had a mosquito bite on his hand from earlier that day.  I guess that it started to bother him and somehow he imagined it was an owl.  The only thing that I can think of is that when we were camping there was an owl at the wildlife center.  We kept telling the kids to get their fingers out of the cage (for obvious reasons.)  Oops, it must have made him a little nervous around owls.

No comments:

Post a Comment