Monday, October 3, 2011

One!!!!

One year ago at 2:08 in the morning we received the most precious gift.  God blessed us with a second baby boy.  He joined our family at just the right moment and he has been a blessing since that day.  The months, days, and minutes leading up to his arrival I was worried about how this new life would fit in.  How would I be able to take care of both of my children and still make each one feel special?  I don't know how, but we somehow managed to get through the last twelve months.  I do know that God had his hand over us, leading and protecting us.  I have found reassurance for what I already knew: that one of the greatest gifts that you can give your child is a sibling.  My boys love each other so much.  They play together and they teach each other.  They are teaching each other about patience, kindness, generosity (some of these things we are still working on...okay all of them.)  They have also learned to wrestle, climb, and destroy.  That actually might be their motto.  I can just imagine them waking up in the morning and putting their hands in "the circle" for a cheer "wrestle! climb! destroy!  Go Team!"


Back to the point of this post.  Samuel has been here for one year, but it feels like he has been a part of this family forever.  He is cheerful, mischievous, determined, and sweet.  He loves to get a reaction (good or bad.)  He is very physical.  He is a professional walker, fetcher, and climber (We found him on the counter of his play kitchen last week).  He is very attached to his momma and follows me around the house all day.  It just melts my heart when his little arms reach out for me.  He is a terrible sleeper.  He is not that crazy about food in general.  He hates being in the car.  He loves playing with cars, being rough with Daddy, kissing his momma, taking baths, playing in the dirt with Lucas, and turning off the TV while Lucas is watching it.  He is dangerous with small animals.  Samuel is drinking out of a sippy cup full time, he gets frustrated when a toy doesn't do what he wants it to, he throws tantrums (on the floor with his head down and feet kicking, yup, not lying.)  He has very light blond hair, and the cutest thin build.  He has long skinny fingers that he uses to point.  He has been pointing that little finger constantly lately. 


I'm sad to see my baby turn one.  Its going to be hard to describe him as a one year old rather than ___ months.  While it is sad to reminisce, its is exciting to look ahead.  He is going to be able to participate more with us and the things that we do.  He is going to learn and change so much in the coming year.  I am so grateful that God has entrusted us with this precious gift.  I cherish both of my children so much and cannot wait to see what the next year will bring.  Happy birthday Samuel!  We love you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment