Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Back Home

Samuel has been fighting off an ear infection for about a month now.  He was put on his second round of antibiotics last week.  Yesturday around lunch time his fever spiked to about 103 degrees within minutes.  So, I made an appointment to see our pediatrition.  At the office he recieved some sort of antibiotic shot and another round of prespription antibiotics.  About 5 minutes after we got home Emily noticed that he wasn't acting right.  He became limp, his eyes were rolling into the back of his head and he was turning blue.  I called 911.  By the time paramedics arrived we realized that he had had a siezure.  He came out of it pretty fast.  Brian came home from work to be with us for a while.

I later put him down for a nap with a slight fever.  He woke up with a pretty high fever.  Eventually it got up to 105.5 and I called Brian to come back home.  About 10 minutes later he had a more violent siezure.  We took him to the hospital and they admitted him.  The doctors said that usually they do not admit children that have a febrile siezure unless they have more than one.  So, we spent the night at the hospital trying to keep his fever down.  Today has been the same story.  He has not had more siezures (thank you Lord) but has been getting really really high temperatures. 



The staff was great at the hospital.  They definately educated us about what to do in the future and the best solutions for when he gets like this.  It was a big learning experience and I think that I am more prepared to handle situations that are scary like this.  He was such a good boy at the hospital.  All of the nurses and staff talked about how well he took everything.

Lucas stayed at my mom's house.  His grandparents and Aunts took great care of him.  I think that he actually enjoyed getting some alone time with his family.

So, now we are back home.  I'm sure tonight will be full of alarms to help us keep on top of his medicine.  I know that he is glad to be back.  Thank you everyone for the prayers.  We really appreciate your support.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness!! How scary!! I'm very glad he's ok! Hope he's feeling much better by now!

    ReplyDelete