Sunday, August 7, 2011

Sunday Afternoon

Almost every Sunday afternoon our entire family gets together.  Sisters, parents, brother-in-laws, and grandchildren...and sometimes a dog.  Its been a tradition since we were little (I think it comes from our southern roots).  We always went to church as a family and then had lunch all together.  Sunday afternoons are something so special.  After a week full of craziness we all get to be together, share stories from the week, eat yummy food cooked by Grandma and Pawpaw, and play with the kiddos.  

Last weekend we went swimming at Grandma and Pawpaw's neighbor's house.  I think that the kids really liked to have the grandparents swimming too.

Its such a special time for me. I know that my kids are going to grow up with great memories from spending time with their extended family. I know that things will change, people might move, kids will grow up. But for now, we are going to keep enjoying and appreciating our time together.

No comments:

Post a Comment