Saturday, August 20, 2011

Daddy Time

Brian has been working a lot lately.  Samuel and Lucas seem to cling to him when he is around.  Lucas seems to think that Daddy can do everything better than Mommy.  In many cases he can.  Daddy can build a better train track and he can make better car noises.  According to Lucas, Daddy also changes his diaper and brushes his teeth better than Mommy.  Well, I can't argue with that : )
Something else that the kids do differently with Daddy is play rough.  Very rarely do the boys ever hit me, or tackle me, or jump on me out of nowhere.  But, when Daddy walks into the room the place becomes a boxing match.  It's crazy but a lot of it is started by Samuel.  That's right, my sweet little 10-month old has been instigating physical play.  For some reason he is intrigued by Brian's shaved head.  He will walk up to Brian, stare him down, grab his face (hard) and pull his head down just to give it a good hit.  I don't know how to explain it.  Its like male bonding or something.


I love to watch my boys play.  Sometimes I don't always understand their play, but I love to watch them.  They have the best Daddy in the world.  Brian will always drop what he is doing to play dinosaur, or to build an awesome train track or to wrestle.  I know that my boys love having him around and they miss him when he is gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment