Saturday, August 20, 2011

My Outlet


We have been renting for about a year and a half.  Not long, but just long enough for me to get the redecorating itch.  That paired with the extremely hot temperatures have left me wanting to reorganize, change, update, the entire place.  I have tried to harness my desire to do something productive.  So, I painted some pictures for the boy's room. 

I'm going to stain the wood frame a dark brown to match their furniture.  I also want to refinish some floating shelves to hold the piggy banks that I painted.

Emily wanted to make a cake for her mother-in-law this weekend.  I haven't made a cake in a while because most of my stuff is packed away in boxes.  But, this one was simple enough to make without all of the cake stuff.  It was nice to get to make one again. 
 
I love to create with my hands. There is definitely something in my personality that feels so rewarded when I get to start and finish a project. With the move coming up and they boys finally sharing a room, I hope to keep working on finishing their bedroom. My goal is to make everything more personal by making it all by hand.  We will see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment