Monday, July 4, 2011

Lucas is Listening



Lucas has such an easy going attitude all of the time. Sometimes he reacts so little to what is happening that I wonder if he is paying attention at all. But, he always ends up letting me know somehow that he is listening and taking it all in. For example: Lucas has been telling Samuel to "Stop that fussing." He also says "no whining!"


A new thing he has been doing lately is saying "wait!" He always wants to be first. So, if we are heading out of the door he runs to get in front of me so that he can open it. He will run and yell "wait!" until he has accomplished his goal.

Yesterday we had to go wake him up at 8:15 for church and Brian said. "You slept for 12 hours Lucas!" Lucas' reply was "I think so."


He has also been saying phrases such as "Awesome, I'm so proud of you, cool, and Oh man!"


Last night he was Rapunzel from Tangled. He had his hooded bath towel over his head and was running around with his long hair. Last night we had to sing to Rapunzel. But, sometimes we sing to Doggie, Kitty Cat, Suzie, Max, Lion, Bear, or Simba. I love to see his imagination flourish.

No comments:

Post a Comment