Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Faulty Fuse

Most of you know that I hate my car. Why? Well, it looks like a wonderful car from the outside. In fact, the inside is pretty nice too if someone would just vacuum those darn cheerios. So, here is our car history...
After we found out that we were pregnant with Lucas we decided it was time to get rid of my cute two-door Ford (a rear-facing car seat would have been hard to fit in there.) Brian was using his truck for roofing so trading cars was not really an option. So, we bought the vehicle that I learned to drive in. That's right, a 1990-something GMC safari van. I have many memories from high school in that van. After about 6 months of toting Lucas around in the van and a few large repairs later we decided to look for something with a little better gas mileage that was a little newer. So, we sold the blue car, the van, and a third vehicle that we had acquired as payment for some handyman work and we bought our 2004 Chrysler Pacifica. We felt secure in our purchase and safe that it was going to get us far. It was going to get us to at least three kids before we had to upgrade.
I will spare you the nasty details about how much money we have poured into our "nice" car to keep it running and how much more money is on the waiting list of things to get fixed. But yesturday topped the cake of car troubles.
First, I want to say that I am so greatful to have a car that runs, and one that has air conditioning. We are blessed to be able to have a car at all. Second, I want to say "Thank you Lord" for not letting my children have to experience what happened yesterday.
I went to an automatic car wash to give my car a good wash. I drove up, paid, rolled the window back up and drove in. Soap cycle...rinse cycle..."Whats that noise?"...another rinse cycle..."AHHHHHH!"
My rear passenger window was down and would not go up! Water was everywhere! Let me tell you. An automatic car wash is a powerful thing. It looked like a waterfall was being dumped into my car. I pulled out fast and tried to get my window to go up. I guess that there is some sort of faulty fuse. It was going up and down all by itself.
I am just so grateful that Lucas was not sitting in that seat. It would have scarred him for life.

1 comment:

  1. Oh no!!! Glad he wasn't with you too! I'm so sorry, I had pain in the rear van like that for a few years! We just had to replace the alternator on my suburban this weekend too because out of the blue my car wouldn't start :p Boo for car problems!! Btw, Jason is total gear head if y'all ever need help in a pinch! :)

    ReplyDelete