Friday, July 15, 2011

What an awesome day!!!

Today was a great day. Every morning I wake up and think that this day will be different. I think "I will not talk on the phone or be on the computer all day. I will not get irritated easily. I will be patient. I will remember what is important." But, usually it only takes a few minutes before I have messed up my positive attitude or I have gotten too caught up in chores. Today was not like that. There were no distractions today. There is a large load of laundry waiting but I just had a quiet day with my kiddos. The boys slept at different times all day. So, I had alone time with each of them. It was so nice.


Here are some of the little things that I enjoyed about today.


Shark pajamas from Aunt Paulette. They are "Jaw some!"


Samuel learning how to turn on the light from his crib. Is this a hazard? This is the look he gave me when I found him flipping the switch this morning. He is say "What? What did I do?"


Houses made of boxes.


Cute overalls on a cute boy.


And my new favorite thing...homemade popsicles!


Lucas and I made these last night. They are so simple and good for you too. All I did was puree fruit with a little bit of honey, layered the different fruits in a cup with some greek yogurt and froze them. Mmmmm. We can't keep our hands off of them.


Samuel was like a little hungry birdy when I took one out this afternoon. He sat there with his mouth open trying to get more and making a lot of noise until he did. I couldn't get it to him fast enough. It was so funny. And, I'm getting Lucas to eat more fruit than I ever have. We used canteloupe, mango, strawberries, blueberries, peaches, and bananas. Next time I want to get some pineapple too.

1 comment:

  1. I always wake up and say the same things to myself! Glad y'all had a fun day!! :)

    ReplyDelete