Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Success!

Introduction:
I love projects. Correction: I love imagining projects and starting projects. Finishing projects is another thing.


The interior designer in me loves to work on my home. Since we are renting our home right now I do not have the freedom to paint (which is killing me.) I told Brian the other day that I had an itch to paint something. So, after my mom offered us an old dresser that she had, I decided to scratch my paint itch. I forgot to take before pictures, but I have some after.

The dresser was Meghan's nursery furniture from when she was a baby. It survived 28 years and 5 girls. Now it is in my home and its in great condition!

I did a grey primer, a brown base coat and a teal top coat. I wish that the brown was a little bit darker. I was very scared to do something so permanent, but I love it. It looks great in our room. Every time I walk into our room it makes me smile. It adds a nice punch of cool to my very warm room. I would have taken a picture of the entire room but I don't make my bed (my mother would be so disappointed.)

I label this project an overall success.

3 comments:

  1. Brett said he actually likes it now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are way more braver at painting wood than I am. Good Job! The only wood I painted was not even at my own house.

    ReplyDelete