Sunday, October 21, 2012

Wichita Mountain Getaway

So, I may or may not have had a little meltdown last week.  I think that the emotions/hormones of the pregnancy got the best of me.  I felt like I needed a break from life.  I think Brian felt that too.  Friday when he got off shift he told us to pack our bags.  He had a surprise mini vacation planned.

We drove an hour to the Wichita Mountains and stayed in a little town called Medicine Park.
First stop: lunch!


Second stop: Mount Scott.  It was so beautiful.  We could see a blue lake on one side and  the mountains on the other.



We found a great place to stop and fish.  


The boys enjoyed all of the rocks for climbing

We saw buffalo. Or "elephants" as Samuel called them.

We went on our first hike as a family up to what we named "Rapunzel's tower."

Lucas and I at the top!


Lucas and Sam trying to get into the tower.


Samuel decided he could walk no further.  After we told him we were going to leave him in the wilderness he changed his  mind and joined the rest of us.

This is five minutes into the ride home.  Peaceful and sweet.
This trip was such a blessing.  We had a great time as a family.  We hope we can start making that trip more often (maybe even making it a day trip).

No comments:

Post a Comment