Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Things I want to remember about my babies


Samuel had a big week this week. His first top tooth started to poke through! What! Teeth on the top and on the bottom! I guess that answers my question of when to start weaning him ; ) He has also started to let go of the furniture from a standing position (like he wants to stand on his own!).

Samuel is a bath maniac! He hits the water and he is free. He crawls all over the tub, plays with his favorite toys (two little blow fish) and interacts with Lucas. Lately, he has been trying to crawl up the back of the tub. That part is slanted so he usually doesn't get very far. But each time that he slides down he hits the bottom and cracks up. (Don't worry, we are right there next to him and there is only about 1.5 inches of water in the tub at that point.) Its hilarious. Its like he knows now that he gets a laugh out of it. He does it every time. Lucas has joined in too. They have been having so much fun at bath time.





Lucas is starting to sing a lot more. He sings in the car and along with movies. He is also catching on to recognizing some of his letters and to counting. Sometimes I feel like he doesn't pay attention. But, I am learning that he is even if he doesn't show it. We were watching a movie about Easter the other day and he saw a picture of Jesus and a woman and immediately said "Jesus, Mary. Jesus' mommy!" He makes me so happy when I get to see his learning.


Lucas has discovered tattling. The funny thing is is that he doesn't quite understand how it works. He has been tattling on imaginary beings and on people when they are not around. For example:


Lucas: "Saya (Sarah) hit Gugas (Lucas)."


Me: "Lucas, Sarah is not here."


Lucas: "No no Saya. Don't hit Gugas"


He also tries to escape discipline by changing his persona...like this:


Me: "Lucas, look at me. You do not push your brother down."


Lucas: "I Maxie. Bark Bark!!!"


I love my two babies so much. I still can't believe how much they change daily. God is so good. I thank Him for my precious miracles every day.

1 comment:

  1. I love my little nephews so much! You and Brian know how to make some super cute babies!

    ReplyDelete