Monday, July 2, 2012

The post with no focus...welcome to my world.

As I am writing this Samuel is saying "Percy!  Percy! Percy!  Yeah!  Percy!"
I thought that I needed to document a little bit about what these kiddos are up to lately. 
First off, Samuel loves cars and trains so much.  He is a little bit of a toy hoarder because he will carry his cars around all wrapped up in his arms instead of playing so that Lucas doesn't get them.  Samuel loves "Thomas the Train (aka Percy.)"  He also loves Cars and Larry Boy.  Samuel is talking so much.  He repeats everything we say with a high pitched question.  Samuel has begun throwing fits.  I never know when they will start or end.  He can go for hours.  I have been putting him in his bed during these fits to let him calm down and about 50% of the time he falls asleep.


I had tried going to story time in the past with Lucas and I quit going because I always felt like he was the only child not paying attention and walking around.  But, the other day we tried again and it was a success!  He sat there and participated like such a big boy.  He clapped, danced, and smiled the entire time.  He is definately growing up.  I think that he is really going to enjoy MDO this fall.  Lucas still loves to cuddle so much.  He loves animals (especially dogs.)  Lucas has been very well behaved lately.  He tries extra hard to be good when Samuel is being bad (smart kid.)    Lucas' favorite phrases are "I gotta idea!" and "in three to five minutes...okay?"  He is really coming out of toddlerhood and into childhood.  The other day he asked if he was being helpful. 


Both of the boys have been coming to snuggle with me in bed in the mornings.  It is my favorite time!  I think that baby number three is going to stir things up just a bit. 
Brian's parents are moving to Norman.  They are going to be 15 minutes from us rather than 45.  We are so greatful and excited.  The boys have already tested out the neighborhood playground.  We can't wait to get them settled in this week.  The boys are going to love having some family close by!

No comments:

Post a Comment