Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Big Book of Boo Boos

Just like Doc McStuffins we need to write this one down in the big book of booboos.

Lucas was rubbing his eyes today.  I went to wash his hands and to get him a wet wash cloth for his itchy eyes when I noticed a bubble in his eye.  I called Brian over to look at it and when we pulled his eye lid back we saw that his entire eyeball and eye lid were swollen.  I have never seen anything like this.  It looked like someone had injected fluid into his eyeball.  I drove to the pediatrician's office where I was told to go to the ER.  The ER physician told us that it was a severe allergy.  She gave us a prescription for eye drops and told us to keep him on benedryl.

This was him tonight after it had gone down significantly.  Now the eyeball is not so swollen, just the lid around it.



2 comments:

  1. My eyes are now watering after reading this. I wonder what it was that caused it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are wondering if it was cedar. We were outside cutting down a tree when it happened. It was so gross!

    ReplyDelete