Tuesday, March 26, 2013

The day that wouldn't end

This is a story from a few weeks ago.  I just have to document it so I won't forget about it. Plus, I might need a good laugh one day.

I think that a list is the best way to tell this story.

1. We went to the zoo and had a great time with a new friend
2. Joseph pooped in his clothes and I didn't have anything to change him into (I am a smart one.)
3. Loaded the kiddos up to head home (including a naked baby.)
4. Got a flat tire at the I-35/I-40 interchange.
5. Sighed because my husband was out of town and because I had three fussy kiddos.
6. Called Allstate's roadside assistance.
7. Whew! Felt relief because they were on their way.
8. Realized that I told Allstate that I was on 240 instead of I-40
9. My awesome Mother-in-law came to keep me company.
10.waited and waited and waited.
11. Found out that the tire guy cancelled my request because he couldn't find me.
12. waited and waited and waited
13. Guy comes to change my tire
14. Everyone cheers (two hours after this mess began) and we hit the road.
15. 2 miles later we hit traffic.
16. Lucas cries because he has to peepee.
17. I pull over to let him pee on the side of the road.
18. After about 30-45 mins we finally exit with Lucas screaming that he has to peepee again.
19. We pull into Sonic to let him pee again when he says "Momma, I already did."
20. Finally, after about 3.5 hours we arrive home.
21. I hosed the wet car seat down, hosed my boys down and fed my crying baby.

All I wanted to do was take the boys to the zoo!  Thank goodness God gave us nights to recuperate for the next day. 

1 comment:

  1. That's a really funny story that I'm sure you can laugh about now. But you probably wanted to pull your hair out while it was happening! - Megan

    ReplyDelete